funsec mailing list archives

Re: Symantec Presenter Spotted Using KAV

From: "Åke Nordin" <polymorpevz () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 10:52:38 +0200

On 6/27/07, Fergie <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:
He found the source of their amusement in the form of a prominent pop-up
box, obscuring his Powerpoint presentation, stating that the rival
Kaspersky anti-virus software loaded on the machine he was using to present
had updated its definitions.

[snip]

Oops.

Indeed. Just yesterday one of my colleagues asked me when I would
give up on maintaining my own DNS, mail and web. I do think I find it
a tad more rewarding than deploying Symantec, though. ;^)

More:
http://www.computerweekly.com/Articles/2007/06/26/224990/downtime-pantomime
- -rats-life-on-mars.htm

And for those of us who does not muster the steam to paste together URLs:
here it is in a format which should protect it from line breaks:

<http://www.computerweekly.com/Articles/2007/06/26/224990/downtime-pantomime-rats-life-on-mars.htm>

Thanks Paul, it was a much needed laugh.

(hint: put URLs between angle brackets in mails to preserve them
during encoding and/or displaying... 8^)

--
Åke Nordin Unix/net geek, Netia.se consultant, Stacken member.
Damian Conway: "The programmer is fighting against the two most