funsec mailing list archives

Re: NZ: Banks Demand a Look Inside Customer PCs in Fraud Cases

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 21:57:26 -0700

Dennis Henderson wrote:
I guess the person who invents the perfectly secure internet
transaction will be the richest person on the planet. Imagine being
able to conduct a secure pc based internet transaction with every kind
of trojan and keylogger installed....

Designed one, I don't think anyone showered me with money. I think the
discussion was on this list. You just have a hardware device with a
display and a couple of buttons, which is a transaction processor. The
compromised PC becomes basically a dumb pipe at that point.

                                        Ryan