funsec mailing list archives

RE: Outlook 2007: one step forward, two steps back?

From: "David Harley" <david.a.harley () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 15:23:29 +0100

How does Pegasus Mail for Windows handle attached executable
files?  Does it probably block them so they can't be run?
I'm asking because attached executable files have been
historically the number one method for transmitting email
worms from one user to the next.

Haven't upgraded Pegasus for a year or two, but the last version I installed
was more DIY than that. The option was basically to select file-types on
which you could choose to be warned if the attachment was of that type. I've
always liked Pegasus for its DIY capabilities, but I'm not sure I see the
point of that except to roll out to corporate users, which I never saw as
its market. But it may have changed a lot.

--
David Harley
Security Author/Editor/Consultant, Antivirus Researcher