funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Bush and Martial Law

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 10:38:59 -0500

On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 08:35:31 CST, Brian Loe said:
On 10/31/06, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:

Odd.  I thought it turned out that the governor *did* call Washington
and ask for help.

By every account I've read, you're wrong.
I recall correctly, the governor didn't call until the next day!!! For

So which is it?  All the accounts you read said the gov didn't call,
or you recall the gov called the next day?

And note that if the gov called "the next day", that means that *somebody* had
a 24 hour heads up to say "Holy bleep, the levee broke, this can't be good" and
start getting guardsmen ready to move. Getting guardsmen alerted when the levee
broke so they can move "3 hours after the gov calls the next day" shouldn't be
a big challenge.