funsec mailing list archives

Re: [privacy] Bush and Martial Law

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 08:58:08 -0500

On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 11:57:01 CST, Brian Loe said:
Well obviously they're making the grab now...duh. The reason he waited
after Katrina is that he was waiting for the STATE to call him and ask
for help - something that I understood to be required by law.

Odd.  I thought it turned out that the governor *did* call Washington
and ask for help.  And there was *no* reason why Bush and co. couldn't
have issued an order like "I want 30,000 Guardsmen on alert and ready to
move within 3 hours after I get the rather expected call from the Governor".