funsec mailing list archives

RE: Congressman Ed Markey Wants Security Researcher Arrested

From: Larry Seltzer <Larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 19:33:29 -0400

I know this makes me a fascist around here but this bothers me a lot.
He's facilitating fraud, and the fact that he himself says they're not
good enough to get you on a plane makes me doubt the value of his
research. Suppose he was making  software to print $100 bills. Is that
OK because it shows weaknesses in the currency?

And if he or anyone else uses these they definitely should be busted.

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/
http://blog.eweek.com/blogs/larry%5Fseltzer/