funsec mailing list archives

Re: Taxes are *good* for you ...

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2006 16:50:07 -0600

On 12/6/06, Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah
<rMslade () shaw ca> wrote:
Only very marginally aobut security, but I wanted to see Brian go ballisitc ...

http://www.cbc.ca/story/canada/national/2006/12/06/tax-policyalternatives.html

No need to go ballistic here, tells me everything anyone needs to know
in the first paragraph:

People who live in countries with higher taxes enjoy lower rates of poverty
<and fewer people working, no doubt>
, have more equal income distribution,
<duh, you'd be pissed if they took all those taxes and didn't
distribute it wouldn't ya?>
more economic security for workers
<fewer workers, scared employers, sounds great>
and can expect to live longer
<all that rest they get>
, suggests a new study from a left-leaning think tank.
<OH - wow...err.uhhmm..duh, a "left-leaning think tank"... sounds like
"military intelligence">

Naturally I have no idea if there are really fewer workers, and its
quite possible that its better for your health. I, however, find it
incredible demoralizing and immoral.