funsec mailing list archives

Re: Biggest Turkey of 2006: The NFL - Can't See TV

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 00:51:33 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 23 Nov 2006, Fergie wrote:

Somewhat off-topic, but one that is near & dear to my heart.

This really pisses me off.

In my family, throughout my lifetime, NFL football has been a
tradition on Thanksgiving Day. While there are a couple of games
broadcast as is the usual tradition, one of the prime-time showcase
games tonight is basically blocked by the NFL in a pay-per-view
money grab on the NFL Channel -- something that, to me, flies in the
face of traditional Thanksgiving Day fare.

So I will not be watching the Kansas City-Denver game tonight, and
if you're as upset about it as I am, I urge you to boycott it, too.

I promise you that I shall refrain from watching the Kansas City-Denver
game.