funsec mailing list archives

RE: why Senator Stevens is right on Net Neutrality

From: "Young, Keith" <Keith.Young () montgomerycountymd gov>
Date: Thu, 6 Jul 2006 13:14:48 -0400

From Brian Loe:

All phone companies are required to allow competitors
use their infrastructure.

For voice, yes. The FCC does not require competition on most data or
cable TV service.

And yes, I know about this topic -- see recent article:

What you call a monopoly I obviously call a successful company.
Microsoft, AT&T why not...

IBM, ---> CA, Microsoft, HP

Pepsi, ---> Coke

and Hershey's?  --> Mars

Who is Verizon's competitor for non-cell service on the east coast of
the U.S.?

--Keith

Keith Young, Security Official
Department of Technology Services