funsec mailing list archives

Re: Finn Takes Gold at Mobe Throwing Contest

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 09:06:43 -0500

On 8/29/06, Blanchard_Michael () emc com <Blanchard_Michael () emc com> wrote:
I dunno, I'm sure that I could throw a baseball, football, heck prolly even a soccor ball 100yards.  I'll bet that I can
throw my cell phone 100yards too, it's a motorolla i730 and has a pretty good weight to it.

  It's gutta be harder than I think.... It just has to be....

I think you would be extremely surprised by how difficult it is to get
a football to go 100 yards. A baseball, even, isn't the easiest to get
100 yards.

However, I agree, this doesn't seem like that great of a throw - but
what is this guy's athletic background? Nolan Ryan he ain't, I'm
sure....