funsec mailing list archives

RE: Finn Takes Gold at Mobe Throwing Contest

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 09:49:23 -0400

I dunno, I'm sure that I could throw a baseball, football, heck prolly even a soccor ball 100yards.  I'll bet that I
can throw my cell phone 100yards too, it's a motorolla i730 and has a pretty good weight to it.

  It's gutta be harder than I think.... It just has to be....Why else would 89meters be a world record throw, by an
athelete non-the-less (athelete I am not <grin>)...  Next time I'm at the rifle range I'll pick up a stone and throw it
at my target 100meters out and see where it lands....  Heck I may try it out in the parking lot tonight after hours,
it's a *lot* bigger than 100 meters.

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580