funsec mailing list archives

Re: Daughter's computer

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 09:53:14 -0500

That's certainly an option - and virtual pc software is now,
essentially, free - so why not?

Well, there is a lot of overhead in running an OS on top of an OS,
especially when the pay off is just web browsing.

Perhaps you should just invest in some decent anti-virus software and
point her to the various adware and spybot cleaners available - which
are also free. For beginners who aren't stupid I often point them to
the Langa List (www.langalist.com). Its not for everyone but I've
found people with zero experience to people with 20 years experience
can both enjoy it and learn something from it.