funsec mailing list archives

Re: If I were King - was: University of South Carolina e-MailCompromisesStudentIDs

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 12:20:18 -0500

On 4/21/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

I think the theory is probably, nuke Bagdad, kill any who survive and let
Allah sort them out.

If you're still trying to imply that I'm a redneck... Personally, I
think Iraq is one of the most important regions in the world - the
birthplace of western civilization. Babylon for christ's sake! You
don't nuke a place like that - even if you could go in and rescue
everything in the museum first!

Iran, Syria, where ever...different story.

But seriously, and since Iraq has been mentioned, I'm getting increasingly
pessimistic about the mess there.  You might read some of the better blogs
written by Iraqis there (let me know if you want a few recommendations).
The security situation means that everything is grinding to a halt.

Shit happens, shit settles, people move on. People's "feelings" are
really immaterial.

We have to get out of Iraq because its a poison pill for our
politicians here - UK's involvement is really, truly inconsequential.
Honestly, what the US does in the world is what the US wants to do -
getting UK "approval" is just to "look nice" doing it.