funsec mailing list archives

Re: University of South Carolina e-Mail CompromisesStudentIDs

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2006 12:03:30 -0400

On Wed, 19 Apr 2006 16:22:51 MDT, Justin Polazzo said:

How can you carry out an armed insurrection *without* that?

You try taking over the US with _any_ kind of weapon, and I bet it will
fail. You gonna nuke em? They are set up so that not all of Them are at
the same place at the same time.

                --Ed Howdershelt

My point is that violent rebellion is not possible anymore, and that was
the original reason to have guns.

Interestingly enough, we seem to be unable to stop a violent rebellion in this
little place we invaded a few years ago.  If it's possible to have a rebellion
there, why isn't it possible here?