funsec mailing list archives

Re: RE: [privacy] Frank Rich: Will the Real Traitors PleaseStand Up?

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 22:38:02 +0100 (BST)

On Mon, 15 May 2006, Brian Loe wrote:

On 5/15/06, Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com> wrote:

Yes, I'm in the UK. Yes, we get the news here too.

But you haven't explained how suppressing that bad news, would have made
the war in Iraq end sooner.

One could argue that if the good news was getting as much airtime as
the bad news is, people around the world would see the good and be
more supportive, thus making it more difficult for anyone to support
the insurgents. I don't know that I would make that argument, but its
arguable.

It's equally arguable that all bad news should be cut back on and good
news emphasised, for exactly the same reason.

Personally, I'd rather know what's going on.

I would just like to hear and see more of the good news because its
good news, damnit.

Which blogs written by Iraqis have you been reading?