funsec mailing list archives

RE: Point of No Return? Microsoft Says Recovery from Mal ware Becoming Impo ssible

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 14:47:37 -0400

Ok, I'm confused, or maybe not...

  So lets say in a publicly archived e-mail list that the patent office
reads every day, I mention an idea for a new and great widget.  Later today
I decide that my idea is truly unique and I want to spend the  money (couple
thousand USD basically) to get a patent for it.  I would be denied that
patent just because I mentioned the idea publicly?  Even though it was
truely my idea, I would still be denied the patent?

  Mike B

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, CCSA-NGX, MCSE
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580