funsec mailing list archives

RE: DOSing Outlook 2003

From: "Richard M. Smith" <rms () bsf-llc com>
Date: Wed, 8 Mar 2006 13:21:03 -0500

Thanks to everyone for the pointers in the Microsoft knowledgebase. However,
my problem was a bit different and definitely related to the contents of the
message. The message was sent via Lotus Notes and included an attached Word
document. The only odd thing that I saw about the message is that it was
sent to 1,200 people. Yikes. I wonder how many of these folks lost their use
of email.

I manually deleted the message using POP3 and now everything is working
again.

Richard

  _____