funsec mailing list archives

RE: Red Herring Profile: Blue Security Spams Spammers

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 16:49:58 +1300

Dave Dittrich wrote:

There is no business model, unless you can call retaliation a business
<<snip good stuff>>

I agree entirely -- although I did not mention it in my own response,
taking up the cudgels there against some of the technical absurdities
of their approach, any "strike back" approach to "anti-spam" is
profoundly unethical.

The most telling point to me in the article is the description of the
founder as a "serial entrepreneur."  That's a nice way of saying,
"someone who has failed multiple times at creating a viable business."

I loved that phrase too, though it seems he sold his first company so
maybe (depending for how much) he is not _entirely_ unsuccessful --
batting one out of two so far and apaprently on a hiding to nothing
here, so one out of three soon enough...   8-)

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald