funsec mailing list archives

RE: Re[2]: The end of Phishing in sight?

From: "Henderson, Dennis K." <Dennis.Henderson () umb com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2005 17:23:53 -0500

Pierre wrote:

I've been using a digipass with our main bank (Fortis) since
two years. The impact is minimal. It is a small pain for
small payments (but my bank's interface handles them
relatively nicely) but a real plus for large ones. I am not
even slightly worried by the current phishing situation.

I have been pressing UMB to use tokens for some time. We finally got a
policy covering money movement that requires 2 factor auth. We'll see
how it goes. Between the auditors, OCC and internal security, the boat
has slowly turned in the right direction.

With that(2 factor) as a future hope and the absolutely outstanding
support of members of the various linuxbox.org lists, UMB has come thru
very well in the phishing arena(knocking on wood).

Dennis Henderson
Manager Data Security
UMB Bank