funsec mailing list archives

Re: ClamAV and open anti viruses [was: samples sharing blah]

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2005 23:27:57 +0000 (GMT)

There are many reasons against open anti viruses. MANY. Still, ClamAV has
proven itself and found it's audience of users. I believe that if the AV
industry (people in it, not companies) cares enough to look outside the
box and their own ego's, they may have decided to try and help that
project.

I wasn't asked. Why would I help them when I don't even know they have a
problem?

Than again, why should they? :)

For $$$, just as in any other consultancy.