funsec mailing list archives

RE: Hey old people

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 21:24:07 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005, Larry Seltzer wrote:

Hmmm. Is that anything like a 'carbon-based' computer?  ;-)

If they made it out of carbon. There are mechanical, non-electronic

Not necessarily mechanical. The ones I made were electrical.

computers. You can think of an old-fashioned adding machine or cash register

Actually, both adding machines and cash registers are digital, not
analogue.

as one of them. I believe a very large mechanical computer still controls
certain parts of the Panama Canal

Larry Seltzer
eWEEK.com Security Center Editor
http://security.eweek.com/