Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Master Lock random key code generation/distribution Fails

From: Jeff Kell <jeff-kell () utc edu>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2014 22:26:38 -0400

On 3/26/2014 6:38 PM, Richard Chycoski wrote:
For my current house I keyed it differently. There is a master key
that opens everything. There is a front-door-outside key that only
opens that one lock, so that if someone (read - some kid :-) ) loses
that key I only have one lock to change.

I got the Kwikset Smartkey locks last time around.  You can "re-key"
them on the fly as long as you still have an original key, and the
replacement key you want to use in the future.

Jeff