Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [OT] the nigger said: "American people understand that not everybody's been following the rules"

From: Laurelai <laurelai () oneechan org>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 05:26:08 -0500

On 10/12/2011 2:44 AM, Christian Sciberras wrote:
Regarding who's doing the most damage to US economy, I'll just say I won't comment.

I take issue with the 1%/99% idea; ie, the excuse that some people deserve more just because they are allowed to lie - even if it makes them hypocrites.

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 9:40 AM, Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com <mailto:noloader () gmail com>> wrote:

    On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 2:51 AM, Christian Sciberras
    <uuf6429 () gmail com <mailto:uuf6429 () gmail com>> wrote:
    > Darren's and indeed many other people's lame excuse is that
    they're too
    > humble to be greedy. As if!
    Its not about greed - pursuit of wealth is fine. You just can't harm
    others while doing it. (Well, apparently you can in the US).

    One of the funniest things I ever read regarding Bin Laden's little
    war was a boycott of the US dollar to reduce reliance [on the dollar]
    and to harm the US economy [1].

    Thought experiment: terrorist wanted to ruin the US economy. US
    Financial institutions threw the US (and world) economy into a
    recession (again). The US financial institutions responsible must be
    terrorist organizations.

    Thank {insert higher being here} that Bin Laden did not make a PAC
    contribution on 9/10.

    Jeff

    [1] http://www.nytimes.com/2010/01/30/world/middleeast/30binladen.html

    http://www.justice.gov/usao/eousa/foia_reading_room/usam/title9/131mcrm.htm