Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Path to IT Security

From: Christian Sciberras <uuf6429 () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 00:24:25 +0100

Let me tell you one thing, "pro" isn't about certifications, it's about
years of experience (and maybe certifications).
It doesn't matter how many certs you have if you've never touched a
computer.
It's quite unthinkable - but equally true - that some university graduates,
which should be able to write complex software doesn't know java from
javascript (as an example).

That's just my advise. Of course, when presenting a resume, experience in
years seem to count less than certifications.
But in the end, you have to decide why are you getting the job, for the sake
of a fat wage, or doing something that really interests you.

Chris.