Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Ubisoft DDoS

From: Rohit Patnaik <quanticle () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2010 23:02:24 -0600

Well, we don't know exactly how the servers were configured.  There might
have been some kind of issue with the coding or the configuration of the DRM
servers that wasn't noticed during testing.  After all, these sorts of
big-budget games sell millions of copies in the opening weekend.  Even
simulating that kind of load is an expensive proposition.  There might have
been some issue with the server that only became visible when there were
millions of simultaneous clients all trying to authenticate themselves
simultaneously.  Remember what happened with AT&T's iPhone activation
fiasco?  Who's to say that something similar didn't happen here?

-- Rohit Patnaik

On Tue, Mar 9, 2010 at 3:59 PM, Jan Schejbal <