Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Ubisoft DDoS

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2010 11:01:29 -0500

On Tue, 09 Mar 2010 15:24:44 GMT, Michal said:

I've worked at huge online better company and they had network devices
that worked to stop DDoS as we got hit quite a bit. I have to say they
managed quite well, often we would only notice because we regularly
checked the graphs over 24 hours periods. Other times the attacks had
some successes but they worked well. Can't remember what they where
called...think it was a company that ended up being bought by Cisco,
though we did have cards in the 6500 routers to also help out with DDOS.

Oh, I didn't say they didn't exist.  There's some *really* nice gear for
DDoS mitigation available, if your budget is in the high 6 digits to 7 digits
range per year. Your average 6509 router is going to need some expensive
help surviving. ;)