Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [funsec] The Economist, cyber war issue

From: coderman <coderman () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 00:20:52 -0700

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 7:36 PM, Tomas L. Byrnes <tomb () byrneit net> wrote:
I strongly disagree. Since the vector of source attack against most CI
is from the "great unwashed" protecting the "great unwashed" from being
turned into zombies, or at least, if they are zombies, from being
controlled, is a major public benefit.

cite your sources. we're talking warfare against critical
infrastructure here, not cyber crime or security theater. "i can use a
single keystroke to take down the grid and collapse civilization!"

you're never going to secure the great unwashed.*

i challenge you to cites sources justifying your assertions!

There's even a patent app on it, owned by AT&T: USPTO app 20060031575

i'm more a fan of their mobile telco on a truck kits. to each their own...
(you can mitigate a flood with some smart switches, but no logic can
repair a modest synchronized DWDM outage nor match its practical
impact.)

* i reserve the right to re-evaluate this statement of truth after the
32bit time_t debacle in 2038. until then this is a conservative
assessment.