Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: place bets this doesn't appear on pro us government securityfocus frontpage

From: Robert Lemos <lists () robertlemos com>
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 10:21:21 -0400

On Sep 12, 2007, at 6:22 PM, Paul Schmehl wrote:

--On Wednesday, September 12, 2007 21:18:43 +0100 hack the gov <hackthegov () googlemail com> wrote:

http://www.reuters.com/article/internetNews/idUSPEK8648420070912

you can bet this story won't turn up on the frontpage of securityfocus
because we all know robert lemos and symantec are pro us government
f***wits who are on the payroll. yet, as soon as china does bad shit,
its published all over symantec. try getting an anti us government
post onto any of their mailing lists as well, you'll have a hard time
of it, but post something anti chinese government to their mailing
lists and it gets accepted by their dumbass moderators. welcome to
securityfocus.com. we're unbiased, honestly. just as long as you
support the us government that is.

Yeah, you can bet that article is just chock full of truth and honesty from the Chinese government too. I'm sure it's just pure coincidence that, after being accused of hacking almost every country in the world, they suddenly discover that they're being hacked as well.

In this case, without judging how truthful the Chinese are being, it's an interesting addition to the meme of government hacks, so I picked up the article. I gave a nod to hackthegov, since -- despite his long-standing criticism of my work -- he pointed out the article.

-R

| robert lemos |
| editor-at-large | securityfocus |