Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: What RedHat doesn't want you to know about ExecShield (without NX)

From: h4h <aza () whiteh8 org>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 14:28:13 -0700

On 5/14/07, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:

On Mon, 14 May 2007 10:13:19 EDT, Brad Spengler said:

> Ingo knows about this (I mailed him privately about the problems I saw
> with Fedora Core 3, which resulted in an updated kernel -- though I

Dude, Fedora Core 3 was like 2 frikking years ago.  I suppose it's OK
for us to diss the grsecurity patch today because there were bugs in 2.1.5
?
(I have a grsecurity-2.1.5-2.6.11.9-200505121617.patch.gz hanging around
which dates back to just about the same time as FC3 was released).

Now if you want to discuss the execshield implementation that's currently
shipping in FC6 or the about-to-escape FC7, we'll be more than happy to
listen.

Is that really the only thing you could find in spenders post to complain
about, Valdis?  Are the rest of his points therefor moot? lol.