Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Polycom hacking

From: "Peter Dawson" <slash.pd () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 22:25:08 -0400

interesting concept.. harvesting a polycom device for  Botnet's.

hmmmmmmmmm..  the key would be how the heck to get the stealthware on such a
device ??

On 6/27/07, Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu> wrote:

--On June 27, 2007 3:27:28 PM -0400 "Adriel T. Desautels"
<adriel () netragard com> wrote:

> Paul,
>     Specifically what are you looking for?

As I mentioned earlier, I'm not interested in DoSes.  I'm looking at how
to hack a Polycom to use it to infect users, perhaps be a C&C for a
botnet, that sort of thing.  I think it's entirely possible.  I just
wondered if anyone else had looked at it.  There's lots of DoS type stuff
for the Polycom, but those don't interest me.

Paul Schmehl (pauls () utdallas edu)
Senior Information Security Analyst
The University of Texas at Dallas
http://www.utdallas.edu/ir/security/