Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Best wireless card for packet capturing?

From: "Joshua Ogle" <jdo24 () cornell edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 14:13:27 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks for the input.  I'm not just starting out on capturing packets or
anything -- after all, I'm doing research and writing about something very
related -- it's just that in a Windows environment I know very little
about how to do things.  I'm a Linux guy when it comes to this kind of
activity and I know that it's typically very difficult to do things
"right" as far as security testing goes in a Windows environment.
Unfortunately, given the circumstances of the research, I am only able to
use a Windows-based laptop, but I've now found (thanks to a contributer to
the list) a live CD which will help with get into a Linux environment to
do the work.

Thanks again to you and the others for your input.

-Josh

This is not the place to ask for a scooby snack or hand holding without
getting attacked with a flamethrower, try the link below. They are very
helpful to those just starting out.

http://www.binrev.com/forums/

--
"If you see me laughing, you better have backups"