Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Right, or wrong?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2007 13:24:38 -0400

On Wed, 08 Aug 2007 10:34:03 EDT, Byron Sonne said:
Is it morally right, wrong, don't know, don't care, good business, bad
business, etc.?  Either way we're moving away from that model, but I was
just curious how others on FD see it.

It's lame, as I see it. IMO, as soon as a bug/vuln is found it should be
released into the public domain, with as wide a circulation as possible,
and free of charge.

This way as much damage, mischief and chaos as possible can be sown.

Would you still feel that way if the resulting worm took out your bank's
ATM network, and as a result you couldn't get to your money?  Or if your
identity got stolen and you found yourself liable for $4,000 of credit
card or cell-phone charges?