Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: [Amsn-devel] aMSN <= 0.96 remote DoS vulnerability

From: kakaroto () kakaroto homelinux net (Youness Alaoui)
Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2007 01:32:35 -0400

Hi,

I'm a developer and admin of the aMSN project, someone just sent me this link
( http://lists.grok.org.uk/pipermail/full-disclosure/2007-April/053912.html ).

I just grepped in the source code and that port (31337) is not used by aMSN, it could be a port used for a
profile (as a locking system), in which case the port is randomly chosen each time, so this is probably just a
fluke, he found the port of his current aMSN instance and used it.

As I don't have more info, I can't really test this bug and find the real cause and fix it, so it would be nice
to have more info about this.

Seeing how the user replied on the "Vendor contacted?" tag, I wonder if I can get any more info on this matter.

Thanks,
KaKaRoTo