Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: RE: OT - Check this out - Full disclosure is apt for this

From: bkfsec <bkfsec () sdf lonestar org>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2006 11:11:18 -0400

Throwaway1 () columbus rr com wrote:

====================================
If you consider that America are able to lie about the weapons of mass destruction and then admit it,
====================================
"America" never lied about WMD.
America is not in a position to prove that any WMD stockpiles
existed past December of 1998, when Saddam kicked out the UN; but at worst that makes them wrong, not liars.

You're right, America never lied about WMD. Our neo-fascist administration did. Argue against that to your own peril. It's pretty well documented at this point and others of a more recognized and respected ilk have made the case better than I ever could...

=====================================
use chemical weapons in Iraq and lie
about it and then admit it
America did not use Nerve Agents or Blister Agents in Iraq.
Nerve Agents and Blister Agents are "Chemical Waepons".
Smoke Generators and tear gas are not. Unless of course you are
seeking to redefine the word to fit a political agenda.

Technicality: perhaps not in the military, but many doctors and chemists consider tear gas to be a nerve agent as it does have some of the effects of nerve agents, just not the extreme effects we think about when we think about chemical weapon WMDs. But there are many cases where exposure to tear gas has caused long-lasting, sometimes lifelong, effects on the nervous system.

I think you two are using different definitions for Chemical Weapons, perhaps.

            -bkfsec