Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Steve Gibson smokes crack?

From: Stan Bubrouski <stan.bubrouski () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 16:38:33 -0500

On 1/13/06, Todd Towles <toddtowles () brookshires com> wrote:

Stan wrote:
Ordinarily I'd argue, but its hard to when we find out
Microsoft knew about the bug for a long time and made a
concious decision not to patch it even though they knew it
could lead to a system compromise.

Also, Microsoft must have made the concious decision to have it not work
by default on any pre-Windows 2000 machine? What kind of old secret
government backdoor is that...when it doesn't even work.

Here's a quote from me:
"they knew about the bug months before it was reported in
December."

Where does it mention some government consiracy dating back to the
late 90's? Oh wait it doesn't... Todd chill out, you'll end up in
cardiac ward if you're getting this worked over the facts.  I could
have said you planted the bug :-)

-sb

-Todd