Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: RE: WMF round-up, updates and de-mystification

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Thu, 05 Jan 2006 18:45:57 -0500

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 04:15:27 PST, InfoSecBOFH said:

"I did it because SANS said so..."  Yes sans is always right and L0pht
was a bunch of blackhats too.......

So tell me - how much money does SANS make if they lose their reputation
as being right on security?  Seems like they have a vested interest in
being right, at least a high percentage of the time....

Or look at it another way - between SANS and Microsoft, which one is more
likely to be straight-up and honest regarding a security issue?