Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: blocking Google Desktop

From: Jason Mayer <slamboy () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 17:50:27 -0600

Soooo.  Anyone know if Google desktop caches SAM databases?

On 2/10/06, Michael Holstein <michael.holstein () csuohio edu> wrote:

Looks like a great target for Pharming attacks. Thanks for all your data
sent to me over an SSL connection. =)

Yeah .. Google is notorious for trying to send everything into the same
domain -- trying to make our lives difficult.

Right now, I'm trying snort with REACT actions based on their SSL
certificate fingerprint. Preventing the key exchange would prevent the
session setup.

I just need to see if that'd block Gmail as well.

~Mike.