Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Tempest today

From: "J. Oquendo" <sil () infiltrated net>
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 13:43:41 -0400

Paul Sebastian Ziegler wrote:

Hi list,

Can anybody tell me how far evolved this technique is today and who uses
it? Maybe some reference to a whitepaper or something similar. Would be
great.
Did you mean Van Eck Phreaking... EM eavesdropping, or TEMPEST itself. TEMPEST is the solution for EM eavesdropping. If you're talking about Van Eck Phreaking, I'm not sure you're going to get much information from people explaining how they're doing it (eavesdropping) and what they're using to do it. That "WOULD/COULD" be akin to a criminal walking into a police station explaining how he robbed that bank. TSCM has a lot of information on this kind of stuff http://www.tscm.com/ and a lot of knowledgeable people who interact with each other. You might be better off seeing what's happening in governmentland though:

See their reference notes:
http://www.cs.nps.navy.mil/people/faculty/rowe/edg_attacks.htm

--
J. Oquendo