Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Forensic help?

From: als () thangorodrim de
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 17:02:04 +0200

On Mon, Sep 12, 2005 at 10:11:24AM -0400, Red Leg wrote:
On 9/11/05 8:21 PM, "Paul Schmehl" <pauls () utdallas edu> wrote:

Download the knoppix std distro and burn it to a cd.  Use dcfldd for drive
imaging and the forensics tools for recovery of erased files and the like.

Paul.

Does dcfldd allow me to mirror the disk in such a manner as to include
deleted files? I can not swap drives. I need to obtain an image with which I
can "undelete" files that were conventionally erased.

Will dcfldd provide such an image?

I haven't used dcfldd, but it seems to be a modified version of the
standard UNIX tool dd. As such it should produce a block level image of
the disk - which includes everything on the disk,  deleted or not.

Regards,
    Alex.
--
 looks like work."                                      -- Thomas A. Edison