Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Forensic help?

From: Red Leg <redleg18 () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 20:36:45 -0400

On 9/11/05 6:33 PM, "Red Leg" <redleg18 () gmail com> wrote:

Hi all.

I was wondering if anyone knows of a program/system that I can purchase, as
a private individual, that will allow me to

1) mirror a hard drive on location and

2) take that mirror and restore it to another drive. And

3) Find any CONVENTIONALLY erased files?

 -- This would be either a Windows NTFS or FAT32 drive.

Wow!

Thanks all. I really appreciate the education!

I wish that I could keep the target drive, and change it out. However, this
is a Freedom of Information Act issue. I don't think they'll let me keep the
original/target.

I knew about Drive Image, but I didn't know it or Symantec Ghost would be
able to get the erased data (as in using the "Delete Key" or right click
delete).

Thanks!
Redleg18