Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft Windows and *nix Telnet Port Number Argument Obfuscation

From: Andrew Haninger <ahaning () gmail com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2005 03:07:34 -0400

On 6/7/05, Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk> wrote:
This has been known since Adam was a cowboy.
Well, this /is/ full-disclosure, no? Best to tell than to withhold.

And while I would hope that there aren't a rash of old-school
vulnerabilities blowing through the list, I, for one, was unaware that
you could specify telnet ports like that. I wouldn't be surprised if
I'm not alone. Now I'll know what's up if I ever see stuff like this.

Though it does worry me a bit that this came from a @cisco.com
address. Shouldn't they be kind of *YAWN* about all things networking?

--
Andy