Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft Windows and *nix Telnet Port Number Argument Obfuscation

From: Kristian Hermansen <khermans () cisco com>
Date: Thu, 09 Jun 2005 09:58:49 -0400

On Wed, 2005-06-08 at 15:04 +1200, Nick FitzGerald wrote:
This has been known since Adam was a cowboy.

Although I don't believe that your claim is unlikely, it would have been
nice to post a link to the original discovery to back it up.  Everyone
that I have showed this to, personally, has not seen it before.  And,
after some google searching, I could not locate anyone else either that
talked about this -- the closest thing was an old Microsoft telnet
advisory that didn't mention this behavior specifically.

With that said, I would like to ask anyone who has info about the
original discovery to please post it here (Nick didn't respond to my
email).  I am interested to know more about it, and maybe the original
discoverer found other things as well...thanks
--
Kristian Hermansen <khermans () cisco com>
Cisco Systems, Inc.