Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Re: iDEFENSE Labs Website Launch (iDEFENSE Labs)

From: Nick FitzGerald <nick () virus-l demon co uk>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 09:45:30 +1300

Edge, Ronald D wrote:

Funny. All I get is a blank white page. Could it be you are expecting me
to trust your site, turn off all my defenses, turn on scripting, to view
the page? You're kidding right, this is just a joke to test participants
gullibility, right?

Sarcasm noted, but that _is_ standard operating procedure for iDEFENSE.

As I have argued several times before, for example (sorry, URL will
wrap):

http://lists.netsys.com/pipermail/full-disclosure/2005-
January/030971.html

it seems that at iDEFENSE, having a spiffy, bells-and-whistles website
that is over-designed by folk with no security clue whatsoever is much
more important than being a security company.  Now, even MS (at least
after a bit of borax was poured on it) fixed their security bulletin
pages so script-disabled browsers could view the entire contents of the
page, but iDEFENSE steadfastly doesn't, so I guess we can all tell what
that means about iDEFENSE's business focus.  (Read the above-linked
item for a more detailed explication of all this.)

Regards,

Nick FitzGerald

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html