Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Secure I&A and data transfer on Solaris 2.5.1

From: Kyle Maxwell <krmaxwell () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 15:35:37 -0500

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 11:40:43 -0400, Stephen Taylor
<staylo () agccs lmco com> wrote:
I am a Security Engineer with beginner UNIX knowledge. I need to support
secure process to process communications on Solaris 2.5.1 servers and want a
COTS product or some easy solution.  Can anyone point me in the right
direction?  I am stuck with 2.5.1 at least until year end.  Clients are
mostly Win2K.  I am 'googling' and hope someone can save me some time.

Solaris 2.5.1 is probably not the easiest to find software for (you
want to get to at least 8, preferably 10), but I understand that's a
constraint. Your goal, though, isn't clear: "secure process to process
communications"; are you talking about communications *to* that
server, or that server providing a communications service *between*
other users? If the former, then SSH is your friend. If the latter,
then what type of communications (email, IM, VoIP, etc.) need to be
'processed'?

--
Kyle Maxwell
[krmaxwell () gmail com]