Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Scandal: IT Security firm hires the author of Sasser worm

From: ktabic <lists () ktabic co uk>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:53:03 +0000

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 09:38 -0400, stilist wrote:
What you're forgetting is the fact that the kid probably has more
skills than most of the people in the industry. He may be a criminal,
but he's a darn good person to have working on your side.
Really?
What about his abilites is so impressive?
Baer in mind that he dind't discover the exploit he used.
So his entire ability comes down to writting a wrapper for the work of
someone else.
It's isn't that I am disagreeing with you. I've met security consultants
that wouldn't know the difference between a DDoS and a password cracker.
I'm just intrested in knowing what makes him so special to most of the
people in the industry.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html