Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Scandal: IT Security firm hires the author of Sasser worm

From: "Rainer P. Feller" <Rainer-Peter.Feller () mail physnet uni-hamburg de>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:05:53 +0200

On Mon, 2004-09-20 at 11:21, Feher Tamas wrote:
Hello,

The german IT security company "Securepoint" has hired Sven
Jaschan, who wrote and spread the Sasser Internet worm,
which caused widespread and costly damages to legions of
Windows computers.

He will work as a developer for security softwares such as
firewalls.

This is a scandal! Whether or not you like the 250k USD
head-hunting bounty which Microsoft Corp. paid to have Mr.
Jaschan nailed, he is still a criminal.  Hiring him is a
taboo. It is totally unacceptable to picture him as a modern
age Robin Hood or freedom fighter. He is a criminal, similar
to an arsonist, who sets a house alight and the fire spreads
to an entire city.

I urge all to boycott the Securepoint and I urge those who
suffered losses due to the Sasser worm to sue Securepoint
and seek damages. VXing must end and we must send a strong
message to teenagers that cracking is not hacking and will
not be tolerated.

Securepoint website:
http://www.securepoint.cc/

Info about Sven Jaschan's hiring:
http://www.f-secure.com/weblog#00000296

Sincerely: Tamas Feher from Hungary.

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html

Hey man, get serious!

This young guy at least know the busines, so why do not hire him,
in this case he is on the right side of the firewall.

So calm down!
Reading the full story of that guy may also help.

If M$ had done its job properbly writing that kind of a virus
would have been impossible.

--
CUH Rainer Peter Feller