Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Shellcoding Tutorial

From: Mark Shirley <mshirley () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 14:15:29 -0400

Sure, there will eventually be a point in time when, because of
complete redesigns of os's, buffer overflows won't work anymore.
However as time progresses new architectures will sprout and new
opporunties for explotation will arise.  I remember when red boxing
worked on every pay phone in existance.  The more it's exploited, the
more people know about it, the less likely it is to work the next
time.  It's the nature of technology and evolution.

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004 09:42:55 -0700 (PDT), bipin gautam