Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Shellcoding Tutorial

From: "Steve" <shanna () uiuc edu>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 2004 13:37:25 -0500

So I released a basic tutorial on Windows and Linux shellcoding. For all of those interested, with absolutely no idea
how it works, the tutorial can be found here:
http://www.vividmachines.com/shellcode/shellcode.html

Like I said, this isn't an extremely advanced tutorial, but I think it will be helpful to a lot of people.

C and basic x86 assembly knowledge are helpful.

Comments are welcome and please be nice :-D.

Notice: I use hardcoded addresses for the Windows Example, I left hashing and sorting through the IAT to a later talk.

Steve Hanna
UIUC Undergraduate in Computer Engineering
http://www.vividmachines.com/