Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: New paper on Security and Obscurity

From: stephane nasdrovisky <stephane.nasdrovisky () paradigmo com>
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2004 15:52:10 +0200

Just a stupid tought inspired by page 7 - B: who will create the first satellite with me (i.e. for watching what's doing our ennemy / in order to know where he is)? I guess we could earn some $ if we are the first on this topic, I hope I'm not too late :-) Is full-disclosure includes password/shared secret disclosure ? Maybe 'full' is not the best choosen word.. It seems 'full' is limited to algorithms, and do not extend to secrets (such as passwords), what would be the use of a safe if the secret (either the code or the key) is written on the door (I know .. in case of fire, a safe is safer than the fireman and its water). It looks like computer and military security are not so different ...I'm continuing to read this paper. Scientific American / pour la science had an issue on cryptography/computer security about a year ago (no 36 of the french edition)

Peter Swire wrote:

Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html